As many of you have noticed, I follow other blogs to help me learn more about couponing, free samples, budgeting, and living frugal in general. I was recently checking out The Krazy Coupon Lady checking out what deals they have posted, when I came across some of their recent videos. They were talking about being a couponer without being extreme. They gave advice about not chasing every deal out there all at once because you will probably wear yourself thin and I love that they said that because everyone always thinks you have to shop at every single store to get every single deal out there. Which is totally not the case when looking to save money!
The Krazy Coupon Lady said everyone should pick 3 stores to shop at:
- A drug store
- Your local grocery store
- A supercenter (Kmart, Walmart, Target)
This is going to be my new way of couponing. And it sounds like a great way to save deals without absolutely dreading shopping.
My stores will be Meijer and Walgreens. I will probably be back and forth between Kmart, Target, and Walmart. It depends on what deals I can get each week and how I feel like shopping every week. Kmart doubles coupons every week (up to 5 doubled coupons per transaction) up to $1. i.e. If you have a coupon that is $3 off, it will double up to $1, making the coupon’s value $4. While Walmart price matches, making it convenient to only have to shop at one store. Target just seems to have better deals all together when I compare everything. So I will be trying out all 3 of these stores so I can totally decide which I like the best.
With this, I will add a few more couponing tips and tricks that I’ve picked up along the way:
- Don’t clip/print every coupon you see. Only grab the ones you will use. Always look at a coupon and think if you will use that product, if you’ll try that product, or if you could donate the items if you got a good deal.
- Keep your coupons organized and weed out expired coupons regularly.
- Make a shopping list and know what kind of savings you should be getting.
- If you are going to several stores or plan several transactions, have coupons separated into different marked envelopes which you can also use to keep your lists on.
- If you organize your coupons in a binder or anything portable, bring it to the store! You never know what is going to be discounted or on clearance at the store until you get there. And a coupon you originally weren’t going to bring could give you that much more savings!
What is the best couponing tip you have picked up? What will you choose as your 3 stores? Which Supercenter do you prefer? Let me know in the comments section.
Don’t forget to follow my blog and like my Facebook page and share it with friends. Don’t forget, I do coupon giveaways and will be doing 2 BIG giveaways when my page gets to 250 and 500 likes!
Thanks for reading!